Saturday, November 27, 2010

Date Night tonight.

A night with no plans - check
Babysitter - check
Money - no check but we'll make it work.

This will be our first visit to the new Press Bistro. It now occupies the old Dragonfly next to Zocalos on Capital / 18th Street.

More to come after we go eat.  (:




http://thepressbistro.com/


Well it happened. We found another fantastic eatery here in our lovely downtown area. We've been reading & hearing good reviews on The Press and they did not disappoint us.

Here's J finishing the last of the dishes before our babysitter got here. 
We arrived alittle early so we could sit at the bar and have a drink. Those of us with kids know that any chance to sit in a bar chair, you take it.
The wife had a great red wine blend and I had a Downtown Brown on tap to start things off. We chose to spend this time at the bar to look over the menu and select our meal before our friends showed up. No time to waste.
Tapas were first (3 for $10): The fried garlic meatballs were awesome.
J ordered the Pappardelle Bolognese and I got the Hanger Steak. We loved it!
 Go to The Press Bistro. Everything we ate here - Did Not Suck...

2 comments:

  1. My new favorite place! I had the lamb shank over saffron risotto.. so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah man! That's what I wanted to get and I love risotto too....however, the wife doesn't care for lamb (sharing purposes) and being the good husband that I am I ordered the steak instead. I'm going back for the lamb damnit!!

    ReplyDelete